The fabulous Abby nominated me for The Liebster Award.
What is The Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award nomination goes to those bloggers who have a following of less than 200 to promote other bloggers to comment and share – even get to know each other! I think this is great, because it gives you the potential to gather a larger following! If you get nominated, you cannot nominate the person who nominated you (No tagbacks!).
The point of the Liebster Award is to answer questions, tell 11 secrets about yourself, and nominate 11 other bloggers who fit the criteria.
Questions from Abby:
- What’s your favorite self indulgence? Hm, favorite? This might be hard to choose. Eating for sure, and probably dessert and probably ice cream.
- What’s you definition of happiness? That is a good question (and that is the stall technique my old boss taught me). Come back to me on that – I’m still trying to work out happiness and what it means to me. Scratch that – happiness is being able to be comfortable and accepting of yourself and your situation right here and right now.
- 10 years ago, where did you see yourself being now? Married with kids, or at least working on kids.
- What are your 3 must haves for a roadtrip? Water, music and a map
- If you could have a super power, which one would it be? Why? The ability to eat whatever I want without having to worry about the scale! Is that even a super power? Actually I would want the ability to teleport so I could transport myself to wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted.
- What’s your idea of a Perfect Saturday? Sleep in (at least a little), hot yoga, lunch with a friend(s), and nothing else to do (and if a good college football and/or basketball game was on it would be even better!!)
- What made you start blogging? As a way to share my travel adventures and misadventures with friends and family
- Favorite storybook story/character as a child. Why? Oh gosh, so hard to choose…but Anne of Green Gables. She has red hair – enough said. Ha! I loved reading the books and I can still remember waiting week after week for the next installment on WonderWorks. And I totally would have stolen Gilbert from her. Confession – he still makes me swoon.
- If you had to wear a certain thing everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? Yoga pants or jeans. I am comfortable in both, although sometimes I just like the softness of the yoga pants.
- Why did you start running? Long story, trying to keep it short, when I moved to Houston I worked a ton, ate really bad, led a sedentary life and noticed I was gaining weight but didn’t seem to be able to stop. I started walking as a way to get active and eventually it evolved into running.
- If you could only run one race ever: which would it be and why? I would love to do a half marathon in either Paris or London. I think it would be a fantastic way to explore my favorite cities.
11 Things about Me:
- I hate cooking. As in passionately hate cooking. I could eat cereal morning, noon, and night but I try to branch out and try different recipes. And pizza. I could eat pizza at any meal as well.
- I’m allergic to green beans. Strange, but true.
- When I was little, I really wanted to find a historical artifact. Specifically a diary. I really wanted to find a diary of a little girl just like me. Okay, so I still want to find a historical artifact, but it doesn’t have to be a diary.
- I love listening to big band music (Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman to name a few).
- My big ambition is to step foot on all seven continents – I have a long way to go!
- I still have my tonsils.
- If I could live in any time period, I would love to live in Regency / Jane Austen England, except of course, with running hot water and cell phones!
- I am extremely shy, and it takes awhile for me to open up.
- I knew I was going to be an accountant, or at least work with numbers, from probably about 5th or 6th grade.
- My sort-of secret innermost ambition is be an author. I write stories in my head all the time. Sometimes parts make it on paper, but most often they stay in my head.
- I remember the most random facts (which can be helpful sometimes when playing trivia games; and at other times can be annoying!).
So this is the part where I should be nominating 11 other someones. And normally I am the most rule following rule follower you will ever find. But in this case I am going to nominate those people who are reading this and thinking “I really wish I was nominated”. Because sometimes I see these awards/questionnaires on other blogs and wish I had been nominated. If you think that, well then consider yourself nominated by me!
Questions from me:
- When was the last time you did something that scared you?
- Where is your happy place?
- Favorite color?
- If the President (or another dignitary) was coming to your house for dinner, what would you cook for them?
- If you participate in races, what is your favorite race distance?
- What things make you laugh?
- What would be your dream vacation?
- What TV show currently has captured your attention?
- If you could be a Disney character, who would you be?
- What is your favorite pizza topping?
- Someone that has inspired you