The lovely Kelli nominated me for the Liebster Award!! Yay! I think these are fun ways to learn more about your online friends.
- You must link back to the person who nominated you
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees
- You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees
- When/why did you start running? Before you can run, you have to walk right? Long story, somewhat short…my first couple years out of school I gained weight (long, long, long hours at work, not taking care of myself, etc). I started walking with a couple of colleagues. When I moved back to Seattle, I started walking with another colleague who was recovering from an injury. She was the one who told me I was going to finish a half marathon (I thought she was crazy). But then, I walked my first ever half marathon. Slowly but surely I started adding running intervals into my regime.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? Funnily enough, we had a work offsite not too long ago and this was one of the questions. What I decided on was my first triathlon. (Re) Discovering my love of swimming and getting back on a bike and then stringing all three sports together and actually finishing the race was an amazing feeling.
- If you could pick anyone (famous or otherwise) to be your race day pacer, who would it be? Why? Hm, so many choices! I think I would choose Chrissie Wellington – I have loved watching her conquer Ironman Kona. She has such a great attitude. Or Hillary Biscay. I still remember she wrote me a handwritten note to say thank you for donating to her fundraiser.
- Disneyland or Walt Disney World? Such a hard choice! But Disneyland was my first park and will always hold a special place in my heart.
- What would your theme song be? Accentuate the Positive
- What is your favorite movie? I have to choose?? Sabrina, The Mummy (or The Mummy Returns), Anne of Green Gables and we’ll stop there because I could list movies all night.
- What is your favorite motivational quotation or mantra? I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
- If you could be anything, what would you be? A travel photographer
- Why did you start blogging? As a way to chronicle my adventures and misadventures and as a creative outlet
- What is your favorite thing about Disney? (I look forward to lengthy responses to this one! lol) My favorite thing about Disney is the way it instantly puts a smile on my face.
Now for my questions!
- They finally invent the teleporter. (YAY!!) Where’s the first place you go?
- What is your favorite fairy tale?
- What was your most memorable birthday?
- What is the last book you read?
- You have a month off of work – what is on your agenda?
- What is your favorite Easter candy?
- Sweet or salty?
- Where are you going on your next vacation?
- What is something you are scared of?
- Would you rather watch a sunrise or a sunset?
I’m going to stick with my precedent and I am going to nominate those people who are reading this and thinking “I really wish I was nominated” or “I really want to answer those questions”. If you are reading this and answered yes, well then consider yourself nominated by me!