I signed up for the Danskin triathlon again as soon as registration opened. However after signing up I didn’t do anything else. I had grand plans of beginning my training program early (well, if I’m perfectly honest I had planned to keep up my training after I finished my first triathlon but that didn’t happen). Aiding and abetting my procrastination was the fact I didn’t start training last year until late June and I now have one triathlon under my belt. But I was reading on Mandi’s blog how she has started training for the NYC Half Marathon by getting up early to run and I was inspired! So tonight instead of heading to the gym I headed to the pool. I had forgotten how much effort it takes to swim!! After my second lap I was about ready to say that was enough, at least I’d gotten into the pool. But I continued on. I lost count of how many laps, but ended up swimming for about 20 minutes. At least it’s a start. And from now until the triathlon (August 19th) I will be at the pool (or lake) at least twice a week. Now, all I need to do is start riding my bike again and I’ll be really on my way.
A native Seattleite, now living in the Midwest, who loves travel, photos, and triathlons. Oh yes, and Disney!
- RT @SparkleAthletic: There are so many amazing places to run that we want to share some of #teamsparkle's faves. Today Emily shares hers: h… 4 months ago
- RT @rideout_yoga: Join me for a yoga and ranch retreat at the end of April! I would love it if you'd be able to make it! Family and friend… 6 months ago
- @MoDOT_StLouis I have a flight early tomorrow morning out of STL. Will road conditions improve? 7 months ago
- @CarleeMcDot woohoo!!! So much congrats!! 9 months ago
- Whose bright idea was it to do #whole30 over #NationalIceCreamDay ? #alwaysnextyear #whole30day13 1 year ago