The last two years I have done the Seattle Danskin Triathlon. I have been watching their website to sign up for the 2008 race as the Seattle race sells out fast. Registration opened for Seattle and I signed up with no doubts that I wouldn’t be able do it. This was a week or so ago. And today the light bulb turned on. I am potentially going to be gone on a work thing (which I can’t really talk about yet) right when the triathlon takes place. I felt instantly deflated when the dates clicked and I realized it most likely will not be possible for me to do it. I have been contingency planning to find another triathlon to do this year as I did not want to not do one at all. And I did find one that would work with my time frame. But I am still feeling a little sad at not doing the Danskin. So I can’t do the Seattle Danskin, but the thought came to me – can I do a different one? I’ve been thinking about the Orlando Danskin for awhile and had finally decided to do it next year (2009). But with this new development, do I do the Orlando Danskin this year as well? Hm, this will take some thinking…
A native Seattleite, now living in the Midwest, who loves travel, photos, and triathlons. Oh yes, and Disney!
- RT @SparkleAthletic: There are so many amazing places to run that we want to share some of #teamsparkle's faves. Today Emily shares hers: h… 3 months ago
- RT @rideout_yoga: Join me for a yoga and ranch retreat at the end of April! I would love it if you'd be able to make it! Family and friend… 5 months ago
- @MoDOT_StLouis I have a flight early tomorrow morning out of STL. Will road conditions improve? 6 months ago
- @CarleeMcDot woohoo!!! So much congrats!! 9 months ago
- Whose bright idea was it to do #whole30 over #NationalIceCreamDay ? #alwaysnextyear #whole30day13 11 months ago