It was a bit of a light training week – one swim and one bike ride. The bike ride ended up being a bit interesting, due to the weather. I woke up to snow this morning. Snow, seriously? Yes, snow. Beware the ides of March, perhaps? I loaded my bike up and fortunately after church the snow had been replaced by rain. The rain slowly dissipated as I rode along and by the end of the ride the sun had come out! I wasn’t going too far as the purpose of this ride was really to reintroduce myself to my bike. Legs, you remember pedaling, don’t you? The first half of the ride went really well, especially since I haven’t been on a bike since last June! The second half was more challenging as I was fighting against the wind. But finally I arrived back at my car, my first bike ride over. See you next week for more training updates!
A native Seattleite, now living in the Midwest, who loves travel, photos, and triathlons. Oh yes, and Disney!
- I just earned a free play by playing #StarbucksSummerGame #sweeps starbuckssummergame.com 1 month ago
- RT @SparkleAthletic: There are so many amazing places to run that we want to share some of #teamsparkle's faves. Today Emily shares hers: h… 6 months ago
- RT @rideout_yoga: Join me for a yoga and ranch retreat at the end of April! I would love it if you'd be able to make it! Family and friend… 8 months ago
- @MoDOT_StLouis I have a flight early tomorrow morning out of STL. Will road conditions improve? 9 months ago
- @CarleeMcDot woohoo!!! So much congrats!! 11 months ago