First off, Greece was great! Trip report & pictures to come in the next few weeks. I realize I am late with my final recap of my 31 Things, but better late than never!
To say this last year was a bit challenging may be somewhat of an understatement. It was also exciting as I did my first cruise, spent 6 weeks in Germany, and got a couple more triathlons under my belt. I didn’t make as big of a dent in this list as I thought. Oh well – that’s what this year is for!!
1. Travel to a country I’ve never been to before. Done!! Slovakia, Hungary
2. Make it back to Houston a couple of times. Done!!
3. Improve my triathlon time. Done!!
4. Take a photography class.
5. Take at least one picture a week (I would say more frequently, but knowing me one picture a week could be pushing it some weeks!).
6. Try out a new recipe (no time frame associated with this one – I would be happy to do it once!).
7. Back up my pictures on CDs. If I’m really ambitious catalogue and organize! Done!!
8. Organize all my flotsam and jetsam – either to be scrapbooked or to be disposed of.
9. Visit the Olympic Sculpture Park.
10. Bring my lunch to work (again no time frame associated with the one as I would be happy if I did it once!). Done!!
11. Travel to one new city in the US. Done!! Maui, Hawaii
12. Write a chapter for my novel (which I still haven’t figured out what it is about).
13. Attend a theatrical event (musical, play, ballet, etc.) Done!!
14. Eat at several restaurants I’ve been meaning to – Greenlake Bar & Grill, Z Tejas, Boka and Salish to name a few. Done!!
15. Play bingo in Houston. Done!!
16. Attend a dance class (hip-hop, salsa or styling). I’ve been meaning to do this for awhile but haven’t.
17. Take a wine-tasting class.
18. Attend either an Anti-freeze or Space City Mixer event (or something similar).
19. Go to an outdoor movie.
20. Go kayaking.
21. Frame several pictures I’ve been meaning to frame. Done!!
22. Set aside some money and invest in the stock market. Done!!
23. Take a couple of weekend trips (Oregon coast, Vancouver B.C., etc.) Done!! Cannon Beach
24. Take a cooking class. Done!!
25. Organize my file cabinet. It was organized once upon a time, but since then I’ve gotten behind and I need to catch back up.
26. Finish up my 2005 photobook. Done!!
27. Take a yoga class. (Technically this one is already done since I attended one on 4/20, but since I planned to put it on the list before I took the class I’m leaving it on. Plus this way it will motivate me to take another!) Done!! I am now a hot yoga queen! Well, okay that is an exaggeration, but I am going fairly regularly
28. Buy a new camera.
29. Set up an IRA.
30. Go for a hot air balloon ride.
31. And one I’ll keep to myself for now. Done!! Well, for the most part. I did accomplish several of the items on the list.
And that wraps up my 31 Things, stay tuned for 32 Things!
A native Seattleite, now living in the Midwest, who loves travel, photos, and triathlons. Oh yes, and Disney!
- RT @SparkleAthletic: There are so many amazing places to run that we want to share some of #teamsparkle's faves. Today Emily shares hers: h… 3 months ago
- RT @rideout_yoga: Join me for a yoga and ranch retreat at the end of April! I would love it if you'd be able to make it! Family and friend… 5 months ago
- @MoDOT_StLouis I have a flight early tomorrow morning out of STL. Will road conditions improve? 6 months ago
- @CarleeMcDot woohoo!!! So much congrats!! 9 months ago
- Whose bright idea was it to do #whole30 over #NationalIceCreamDay ? #alwaysnextyear #whole30day13 11 months ago