I was just not feeling the treadmill tonight. Hello elliptical!! I had forgotten how much I like the elliptical. It is nice not having a big race looming. Although I’ll need to sit down at some point and plan out my half marathon training now that I’m officially signed up for the Princess Half. But let’s see what I’ve been up to!
1. Cook once a month – well I don’t know if I’m making the once a month goal or not. I should clarify that what I meant by this goal was to try a new recipe once a month… Although it is probably about how often I cook! 🙂 But I did make Portabello Pizzas the other day. And when I say the other day, it probably means several weeks ago… Let’s see, I think I snagged this recipe from Angela of Oh She Glows via Mushrooms Canada. It called for vegan cheese, but I went for the real thing.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10-12 minutes.
- 8 Portabella mushrooms
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- Vegan Cashew Basil Cheese Sauce (substituted mozzarella)
- 1/3 cup of each: red, green, orange pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, diced
- 2-3 large basil leaves, finely diced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
Directions: Preheat oven by setting the broiler on low. Take a baking sheet and cover with a silicone non-stick baking mat or parchment paper for easy clean up. Make your Vegan Cashew Basil cheese sauce by using the recipe below. Set aside. Remove stems of Portabellas and gently rub Portabellas with a wet cloth to clean. Place Portabellas ‘belly’ side up on the baking sheet. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce into each Portabella. Now spoon about 2 teaspoons of Vegan Cashew basil Cheese Sauce on top of the pizza sauce. Grab a cutting board and knife and chop the onion and pepper and then sprinkle onto Portabellas. Finally, shake on some red pepper flakes and sprinkle finely diced basil on top. Broil in the oven on the lowest temperature setting on the middle rack for about 10-12 minutes, watching closely as broiler temperatures vary. Serve immediately and enjoy! Serves 3-4.