I literally have tears in my eyes as I write this – the amazing story that just keeps going and just keeps giving! A few weeks ago there was a huge accident right outside my window at work and I watched the aftermath. In that accident, Rachel, a beautiful 9 year old, was critically injured and later died. For her ninth birthday, she had wanted to donate $300 to mycharity: water but fell short. In her death she has now raised over $1 million. I have goose bumps. This story has profoundly touched me and I am so happy to see the outflow of love and support for her and her family. Clean drinking water has always been a cause close to my heart and just seeing the good that can come out of tragedy has filled me with hope. And I love the fact that there have been so many donations from so many people from so many countries. I just had to share because I have been watching the site, hoping she would hit $1 million and she did. Nick Kristof wrote a beautiful article in the NY Times about Rachel. I know she is smiling in heaven. Go Rachel!! Look at what you have accomplished!
- A friend request from myself! It was from my cousin, who is also Emily, but when I first saw it I was a little confused why I would get a friend request from myself.
- Wildflowers along the side of the road
- SOOO excited for my 90 minute massage tomorrow!! I have been looking forward to this for over a month!
- Carrot cake cupcake (YUM!)
- “Crap!” said by myself as my chain came off my bike halfway up my nemesis hill.