I’m sitting here procrastinating and I’m reminded of a few weeks ago doing the exact same thing! Having two races within a month of each other seemed like a good idea once upon a time. Then it didn’t. But now that I am about to leave (if I ever start packing!), I’m back to thinking it is a good idea.
I’m not completely procrastinating – I’m also putting together my playlist for the Princess Half. Holy cow! There are so many choices, but what is going to get me through 13.1 miles? I’ll tell you one song that is definitely going into my playlist – Kelly Clarkson’s Stronger. I love this song!!
Other random thoughts:
- I had a dream I was running the Portland RnR (which I really am). There were lots and lots of hills and I completely hit a wall and had some ridiculously slow time. And to finish, we had to go into a building, run through a room with lots of rocks and then choose a door to go through before we could finish. I’m not sure what this is telling me.
- I still have no idea what to wear for the Jeff Galloway Princess Meet Up. I need to figure that out fast.
- Speaking of – my carry-on is going to be chockfull of running clothes and accessories.
- I am charging both my cameras, my phone and my extra phone battery, my kindle, my Garmin, and my iPod as we speak. And yet, I feel like I’m missing something.
- My ankle is still bothering me. Not a lot, but enough that I notice it.
- It wouldn’t be me if I didn’t complain about the weather, right? 🙂 The forecast doesn’t look too bad, although I would love it if it were about 10 degrees cooler on race day.
- I really hope Snow White is on the course somewhere because I really need my picture with her!! (As in – guess what my costume is going to be?)
- What color nails do you think Snow White would get? I decided on blue.
- I walked around all day with different shoes on. True story. At least they were both black Clarks!