I really don’t know who pushed the fast forward button on 2013, but I really need it to just slow down! And why is it, each year seems to go by even faster? Anyway, here is a quick recap of my recent Disney trips…just a month or so late!
Jana & I visited Disneyland at the beginning of February. It was somewhat of a bittersweet trip in that it was our last girls trip for a while as Jana is expecting a baby!! I’m super excited to be a “pseudo” aunt and had lots of fun shopping for baby during the trip.
The highlights (and low lights) of our trip:
- We’ll get the low lights out of the way – you can no longer get chicken nuggets at Disneyland. Boo!! (You can find them at California Adventures, but they don’t have the honey mustard sauce – so not the same.)
- I brought my Tinker Bell medal with the express purpose of getting a picture with Tinker Bell, but guess what? She still wasn’t at Pixie Hollow. I don’t care about the other fairies. I just want my picture with Tinker Bell!!
- Radiator Springs continues to be AWESOME!!
- Breakfast = La Brea and this time dinner = Naples. Every day. Mmm, I could go for pizza from Naples right now.
- It was definitely on the warm side which means an excuse for ice cream!
- Instant Concert…just add water is super fun!! And a great excuse to chill out on a bench and watch the fountains.
And who can forget the non-race part of Disney World at the end of February?
- We stayed at the Art of Animation – super cute!! Basically it’s Pop Century part II, with different decor. We stayed in the Little Mermaid area, which was way out at the other end of the earth, but it was apropos since I was Ariel for the Princess Half.
- We checked out the pool in the Little Mermaid area – it was called the Flippin’ Fins pool!! I love it!!
- Of course that meant I was signing a medley of Little Mermaid songs the entire trip. (I think Jessica is ready to not hang out with me for a long time. Especially if it involves singing.)
- Of course we went to Via Napoli for dinner – yum!! And watched the rain come pouring down. Which meant it was time to order dessert and let the rain storm pass.
- As we were walking to Test Track to see what the line situation was, a couple gave us their Soarin’ fast passes!! Score!! (We skipped Test Track and went directly to Soarin’)
- LeFou’s Brew? Yum!!
- I love New Fantasyland!!
- We went to Be Our Guest after the race to celebrate and got to eat in the West Wing. While we were there, Wishes was going on so our server told us the neighboring castle was attacking. The food was delicious and the decor was awesome.
- The grey stuff? It’s delicious!!
There was probably more, but that’s all that is coming to mind. I realized I won’t be going back to Disneyland until September. That’s not that far away is it? I will try one more time to find Tinker Bell to get a belated picture with her and my medal. As of right now, I have no plans to go back to WDW any time soon (unless a miracle happens and I can make it for Tower of Terror – right now it is very, very doubtful.)
See ya real soon!!